Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rock

As the massive rock sits in front of the gate collecting heat, i bake outside in the morning humitity. Waiting.. waiting .. is it almost ten? I look at my clock, 9:56. An entire minute had gone by sense i had looked at my watch and i felt as if i had been standing there for an hour. "Okay" , i think to myself ", only four more minutes, and then i can jump. I can jump and splash and run as fast as i can into it, into the pool. Fifty nine, fifty eight .." i count the seconds down. I look up above me to the sun that is beating down on me. I'm getting so incredibly hot , i see the massive rock in front of me. I've never noticed how big this rock was, as i slowly creep up to the boulder. I stare at it for a momment then slowly climb onto it. I sit flat on the rock and for a couple seconds , it feels nice to be so high up. And then... OUCH! The heat from the rock , is so intense it burns the back of my legs. I hop off the rock and run through the gates of the pool , i look down at my watch , 10:00! I finally jump into the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment